Answered By: I C
Last Updated: Sep 25, 2015     Views: 974

You can submit your research paper to Turnitin and receive an Originality Report which will indicate the extent of 'originality' within your paper. You will be able to submit your paper as many times as you wish. These submissions will NOT be saved into the Turnitin database.

Turnitin is accessed from within the Completion and Beyond vUWS site. You will need to register to be eligible to access this site. 

If you are not a member of this site, you should log into vUWS and select the link for Completion and Beyond. If you can’t see the link please send an email request to  - with your student or staff details.

 To locate the Turnitin link:

  • Login into vUWS with your MyUWSAccount details
  • Locate Completions and Beyond vUWS site from the course listing
  • Once you are in the Completion and Beyond vUWS site, Turnitin is located in the 'Turnitin' section
  • To submit your paper to Turnitin, go to:  Turnitin for Higher Degree Research Candidates >> View/Complete

Note: Only the first submission of the paper will generate an immediate originality report. It can take 24 hours for an originality report to be available for subsequent submissions.

All Master of Research students will have access to the Master of Research Hub-Site in VUWS which contains a Turnitin link.

For further information see UWS Student Submission Instructions. Or, review the video that demonstrates the process


Contact Us